5 Raw Vegan Pizza Ideas

I've been obsessed with raw vegan pizza ever since I first tried it at ionie cafe. I just love the idea of eating something so fresh, nutrient-dense, and scrumptiously satisfying - all at the same time!

OK, so on with the business of RAW VEGAN PIZZA. And this is, most definitely, SERIOUS BUSINESS. I mean, come on - when something tastes this amazing and is good for you? Love. 

So, here are my top five ideas for making raw vegan pizzas. Some were inspired by the delicious foods they serve at ionie cafe, and some I came up with on my own. I hope this gets you excited to try some new nutrient-dense pizza pies in your own kitchen!

But wait! One little tip before I share my pizza ideas. You'll want to keep two things on hand: raw pizza crusts and raw vegan cheese. (Note: if you're not into the idea of making these pizza crusts, you can still make the pizza wrap outlined in #5 - AND/OR just top a healthy whole-grain crust of your choice with these toppings. It's not all-or-nothing!)

How to make said items? Well, since the title of this post contains the word "ideas" (vs. "recipes") in it, I'm going to give you just that. For pizza crusts, you'll want to combine sprouted buckwheat groats with veggies (onions and carrots, mainly), flaxmeal, Italian spices, sea salt, and olive oil. Blend well in a food processor. Shape into circles that are about 1/4-inch thick and dehydrate til crisp.

For the cheese, you'll want to blend (preferably in a high-speed blender such as a Vitamix or Blendtec) the following: nuts (macadamia nuts work best, but you can also use cashews) along with water, olive oil, sea salt, garlic, and nutritional yeast. FREAKING YUM.

Now that you have these two items on hand, you can more easily make any of the following...

1. The Greek Pizza: Top a raw pizza crust with nut cheese, massaged kale, sliced tomatoes, garlic, and kalamata olives. Foodgasm much? This one is available at ionie.

2. The White Pizza: Another favorite from ionie, this simple pizza is made by spreading the cheese over the pizza crust, then topping with fresh tomatoes and slivers of fresh basil. So simple, but ever-so-yum.

3. Pesto Pizza: Top a pizza crust with raw cheese, basil pesto, sundried tomatoes, and even more fresh sprinkles of basil. Do not attempt to consider making this pizza if you don't love basil.

4. Mexican Pizza: Top a pizza crust with some of my Rawcho Cheese dip, diced tomatoes, cilantro, minced red onions, thinly sliced jalapenos, and kalamata olives. If you really want to get crazy, make up some taco meat to crumble over the top as well. To make the sausage mixture, combine walnuts, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, sea salt, and garlic in a food processor til crumbly. 

5. The Pizza Wrap: Not into making those raw pizza crusts? Here's your solution! In a large collard leaf, place the following: raw vegan cheese, marinated and chopped sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, minced marinated mushrooms, grated carrots (optional), fresh basil, and minced garlic and/or onion. Roll up and enjoy!

Have you guys ever tried raw pizza before? Let me know if you have any other ideas for healthy raw pizza - I know there are more I didn't think of!! Thanks so much for stopping by. : )

2 comments:

  1. Love raw pizza! We tried it in Las Vegas at the Go Raw Cafe, and I've been making it ever since. I make my crust with leftover almond pulp from my almond milk, and flax. Mmmmm...now I have to go make some for tonights dinner! Your post got me craving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! That's such a good idea - I never really use my almond pulp (yeah, I feel guilty about that!!) but this is a great idea for it! : )

      Delete