Super Simple Watermelon Lime Jerky


OK, Imma admit something here... I haven't actually gotten this recipe down to an exact science. I can't tell you exactly how much fresh lime to put on the watermelon. BUT I was so excited about this snack (created yesterday in my kitch) that I simply could not restrain myself from sharing it with you immediately. Hence my willy-nilly use of non-exact limeness. But hey, you can be trusted to use enough lime, right? Yeah, you got this.

Watermelon Lime Jerky

Fresh watermelon
Fresh lime
A very light sprinkling of sea salt (optional)

1. First, slice the watermelon flesh into strips. You'll want them to be about 1/4-inch thick, 1 inch wide, and maybe 4 inches long. Basically, the size of a fruit leather you'd buy at a health food store.

2. Next, place the watermelon strips onto your food dehydrator trays in a single layer. Sprinkle rather generously with fresh (FRESH!!) lime juice. If desired, give them a light sprinkle of sea salt as well.

3. Dehydrate at 105 F for about 8 hours, or until fully dried. They will still be chewy, but won't be crisp. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.

Makes: some jerky for some people
GF/SF/R/Green (according to the health guidelines in my books)


2 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing and my kids will probably flip for this one! Your pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete