Thursday, May 3, 2012
Sprouted Cinnamon Crisps
Yes, I'm at it again! Coming up with five-minute desserts that are also health supporting. We all have some semblance of a sweet tooth, right? Am I alone on this? So, here's a fun and benign way I've been indulging mine lately! Hope you dig it too. : )
- One sprouted grain tortilla (I use Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted tortillas, but you can use a gluten-free tortilla if you're gluten-intolerant)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon organic granulated sugar
- Ground cinnamon (I use 2 teaspoons on mine, but my daughter prefers about 1 teaspoon)
1. Preheat your oven to 400 F.
2. Spread your tortilla evenly with the coconut oil. Cut into eight wedges (like a pizza). Sprinkle evenly with the sugar, then the cinnamon. Spread out on a baking sheet.
3. Bake for about 5 minutes, or until the tortilla is lightly browned and crisp. Enjoy!
GF (if using a gluten-free tortilla)/SF/Blue (according to the health guidelines in my books)