Roasted Tomatoes and Garlic

This deceptively simple dish was born this week when someone brought me this:

(approximately one billion tomatoes)

This, my friends, is one of those "good problems to have." After making up some pico de gallo, tempeh BLTs, and salsa, I decided to throw some in the oven. Here's what I used:

About 8 medium tomatoes
10 cloves of garlic (large, unpeeled)
About 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Sprinkling of white truffle sea salt (you could also use plain sea salt)

I placed all of the tomatoes on a baking sheet along with the garlic. I drizzled the oil over the top and sprinkled it all with salt. Then I shook the pan to evenly coat everything. Next, I baked this glorious concoction in a 350 F oven for about an hour - until the garlic cloves looked ridiculously golden-fabulous and the tomatoes were roasty juicy.



The next part was the most shocking, however. I just put it all in a bowl (after peeling the garlic - which is easy peasy to do once roasted) and ate it plain. No pasta, no nothin. Just plain veggie madness. And it was sooo satisfying!! So, suffice it to say I will indeed be making this up again very soon. And if I ever do get sick of the simplicity (you know, after eating this every week for 2 months), I can always toss it in a whole grain pasta or quinoa dish. Maybe add in some fresh basil if I want to get completely freaky deaky.

Enjoy!!

Serves: 2-4
GF/SF/Green (according to the guidelines in my books)

1 comment:

  1. great idea for using tommies! i'll have to give this a swing over the summer

    ReplyDelete