Homemade Zero Calorie Vanilla Soda


This recipe could not be more simple! Plus, it's not just easy and quick, it's also totally guilt-free. Stevia is honestly the one sugar-free sweetener that I'm totally convinced is safe. This became clear to me when I saw it growing (in all its cute and innocent glory) outside my friend's house! It's just a sweet green plant that, in liquid form, makes a great sweetener for beverages. Just make sure not to use too much - it's strong stuff! Personally, I've been enjoying one of these every day. They totally fulfill that craving for a bubbly, fun treat - but leave me feeling great afterwards! : )

1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia (or a wee bit more if you prefer it sweeter)
2 cups cold sparkling water or sparkling mineral water

To make, just place the vanilla and stevia in a large glass. Add the water, stir, and serve!

Serves 1
GF/SF/Green (according to the health guidelines in my books)


1 comment:

  1. You can also buy Stevia flavored with vanilla, lemon, root beer and many others, although not so easy to find I've seen it at our local health food/nutrition store.

    ReplyDelete