Zero Calorie Lime Ginger Soda

Those of you who know me know that I'm a total junkie for fizzy, fun, nutritious beverages. I'm a hopeless booch (kombucha) addict, and also love some of the new stevia-sweetened drinks out there. However, the thought of making my own soda gets me even more excited! Partly because it's SO easy to do, inexpensive, healthy, and chock-full of vitalizing superfoods. Plus, when you make it yourself, you KNOW there are no iffy ingredients or not-so-healthy sweeteners.

The soda I whipped up today is no exception. Personally, I totally dig the benefits of fresh lime and ginger. They're not only vitalizing, but also highly detoxifying, immune-boosting, and vitamin-packed. Think of this as a fun and fizzy drink that will supercharge you! So...hold onto the handrails, this is gonna get wild! ; )



Zero Calorie Lime Ginger Soda

* 1 tablespoon ginger juice (from about a 4-inch piece of ginger) - NOTE: this will yield a strong ginger flavor. If you prefer your drink more mild, add less.
* 18 oz. very cold fizzy water (I picked up some sparkling mineral water at Trader Joe's which did the trick nicely)
* 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 1/2 limes worth)
* 1/2 teaspoon (or ever-so-slightly more, if you prefer) liquid stevia (don't use flavored stevia or powdered stevia)

To extract the juice from the ginger, simply grate the ginger (skin and all) with a fine grater. Squeeze out the juice, using your fingers. Place the ginger juice in a container and add all of the other ingredients. Stir, serve, and enjoy!

Serves 1-2
GF/SF/Green/Raw (according to the health guidelines in my books)


5 comments:

  1. That; sounds soooo good. Just love ginger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went to the store today and got the extra ingredients for this I didn't have on hand, I can't wait to make it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best drink ever. I added some crushed mint leaves and it's great. Thanks for the recipe I'll be drinking this all summer

    ReplyDelete