photo of Rosemary Sea Salt Caramels (via Lagusta's Luscious)
Whether you're spending this Valentine's Day with your sweetie or by yourself (singles, represent!), you can't go wrong with a little self-indulgent deliciousness now and then, right? Especially when it's plant-based and high quality, it's all about the love. Here are ten of my favorite dishes that are sure to be a hit this Valentine's Day. Enjoy!
1. I'm not sure why (OK, I could make a few guesses), but asparagus is just plain sexy. Here are some ideas on how to use it. Oh, and these asparagus wraps are insane. You'll literally go crazy for them. LITERALLY.
2. Chocolate truffles made healthy, vegan, and insanely, addictively delish? Why yes! Your valentine will never, ever forsake you if you make them these. Or, purchase some of my latest addiction (pictured above) - "Rosemary Sea Salt Caramels" from the vegan artisan small business, Lagusta's Luscious. Pure freaking heaven.
3. Oh, and since we're on the subject of chocolate, these homemade chocolate peanut butter cups are a really fun project to do with your sweetie!
photo by Olga Vasiljeva
4. This delish, healthy, and light Ginger Lime Carrot Soup will knock your socks off. So, that's a start, right? ; ) Recipe from Radiance 4 Life and also here.
5. Watching a movie? This "Everything Nice" popcorn from Radiant Health, Inner Wealth is the perfect treat!
6. Doing the raw foods thang? This cold yummy guacamole wrap is a light, fresh meal that's sure to heat things up. Wink.
7. These gourmet mini-pizzas will win you love, admiration, and yummy noises.
8. Want to make a knockout non-chocolate dessert? Yes, I do realize there are a few of you out there. ; ) Caramelized Banana Bliss Bombs is the way to rock this party.
9. What better way to say "I love you" this Valentine's Day morning than these uber-healthy, delicious superfood pancakes?
10. Here's the ultimate chocolate cake for chocolate lovers, vegans, health foodies, or basically anyone you know with taste buds.