photo by Michelle McCluggage
Everyone has their favorite version of scrambled tofu, and here's mine! This recipe is from Radiant Health, Inner Wealth and is perfect for Sunday brunches, Tuesday lunches, or anytime munches. And it's also great in breakfast burritos too - in case you were wondering!
Here is a dish that I enjoy and make frequently for my daughter who regularly requests it (and who came up with the name). It’s very easy to make and full of antioxidants and B-vitamins from the turmeric and nutritional yeast. And, yes, very yellow.
1 cup crumbled* tofu, firm or soft (about ½ lb.)
4 teaspoons olive oil
½ teaspoon dried turmeric
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon each: dried granulated onion, dried granulated garlic, dried dill, and tamari
1½ tablespoons nutritional yeast powder
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1. *Crumble the tofu over the sink, squeezing out the excess water with your hands. You should have one cup of crumbled tofu. Set it aside.
2. In a medium-large skillet set to medium heat, add the oil and turmeric and stir.
3. Add the other seasonings (salt, granulated onion and garlic, dill, tamari, nutritional yeast, and pepper) and stir well to combine with a heat proof spatula.
4. Add the tofu and mix it very well with the seasonings so that it’s thoroughly combined.
5. Continue to cook, stirring often with the spatula, until the tofu becomes golden browned and slightly crusty (about 5-10 minutes). Serve immediately. This is good with a hefty dose of hot sauce on it, too!
Serves 2-3; 30 minutes or under! GF/Blue (according to the health guidelines in my books)