Ginger Lime Carrot Soup
This soup (recipe from my newest book, Radiance 4 Life) is pure, vibrant, delicious health in a bowl! If it were any healthier, it might be illegal in certain states. In fact, let’s just keep this between you and me.
▪ One medium sweet potato, baked until soft (1 cup sweet potato flesh)▪ 3 medium-large carrots, trimmed and chopped (1½ cups chopped carrots)
▪ 2 cups plus 1 additional cup nondairy milk (plain and unsweetened)
▪ 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
▪ 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
▪ 2 large cloves garlic, minced or pressed
▪ 1¼ teaspoons sea salt
▪ ¼ - ½ teaspoon ground cayenne (½ teaspoon will make it very spicy)
For serving: ¼ cup chopped cilantro
1. Bake the sweet potato if you haven’t already done so. Remove the skin and set aside.
2. In a medium pot, place the carrots in 2 cups of the nondairy milk. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until the carrots are tender. This should take about 20 minutes.
3. Place the sweet potato in a blender along with the carrots and milk. Add the additional 1 cup of milk and all of the remaining ingredients (except the cilantro). Blend well, until very smooth. Serve immediately, topped with cilantro. Let the moaning begin!
Serves 4/GF/SF (if using soy-free milk)/Green (according to the guidelines in my books)
♥ Superstars: sweet potatoes, carrots, ginger, garlic, lime, chili peppers (cayenne)