Quick, fat-free, delicious, whole-grain, vegan blueberry cobbler? Yes, please!







As promised, here's that kickbooty recipe I was talking about yesterday. It's basically the recipe for "Ultra Light Blackberry Cobbler" from Radiant Health, Inner Wealth - except with blueberries instead of blackberries. Cuz that's what was in my fridge. I’ve always loved this dish because it’s crazy easy, fat-free, high in fiber, and still manages to taste wonderful!

So, the top picture is what your cobbler should look like before it goes in the oven. Below that is what it looks like when it's done. But as I've said many-a-time, I am NO food photographer! That thing looked way better in real life! My lil' camera somehow failed to capture the gooey, perfectly browned gorgeousness that actually happened. Oh well...make it and see for yourself! :-)

2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/3 cup maple syrup
2/3 cup almond milk (or other nondairy milk)

2 cups blueberries (or blackberries), fresh or frozen

1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Combine the flour, baking powder, and sea salt very well in a medium bowl. Stir in the vanilla, maple syrup, and milk until evenly combined.
2. Lightly oil a round pie pan. Pour the mixture into the pan, using a rubber spatula to remove all of the batter. Evenly sprinkle the blackberries over the top of the mixture. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the cobbler is a gorgeous shade of brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes or so, then serve immediately.
Serves 4-6; GF (with substitution)/SF/Green (according to the guidelines in my books)



* Many thanks to Dr. John and Mary McDougall for providing the inspiration for this recipe! Their books are the reason I was inspired to go vegan 20 years ago.

2 comments:

  1. I'm making this with blueberries and oatflour! I also added some cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete