Day 11 of the 2-Week Super Shape-Up!
So...Last night before bed, I contemplated on the day I'd just had and decided that I would visualize how I wanted this day to go. I kept it realistic, though. I knew I'd be cooking up lots of yummy food today in my cooking class, so I decided to allow room for some treats rather than force myself to be "perfect" via "deprivation mode." Because for me, deprivation doesn't work for very long without having adverse consequences!
For a foodie like me to stick with really healthy eating, I need to feel satisfied rather than deprived. And luckily it's not hard to feel satisfied, given all the nutritious, yummy food available on a varied vegan diet! But gone for me are the days of trying to be "perfect" at all times - it just doesn't work. I'm so much happier (and healthier, actually) now that I'm easier on myself. Balance is beautiful! And it works.
So, here's my food journal for today:
* It was a very busy day again, and I knew I'd be splurging a bit today, so I worked out at the gym first thing to get my metabolism up. When I got home, I was very hungry but my class was about to start. So, I had a bowl of Nancy's soy yogurt topped with a cup of blueberries and some high fiber cereal.
* During the class, I had: a small glass of hibiscus lime cooler, one raw cinnamon roll, and water.
* After the class, I was very hungry! So, I had some "Vegan Cheese Sticks," "Feel Good Mac 'N Cheese," and 2 small slices of raw key lime pie.
* I'm about to make up for my veggie deficit with a huge salad, dressed in lowfat balsamic dressing!
So, overall I feel very good about today. I know my eating sounds a little random, but it was actually how I had visualized it would go. I wanted to indulge guilt-free in my cooking class goodies so I purposely ate very light the rest of the day. And the little tidbits I ate in the meantime were really nutrient-dense, so they kept me going. I had also visualized myself bookending the day with exercise - gym this morning and recumbent bike tonight. I already went to the gym and tonight I plan to ride my bike in a little while. More "Modern Family" reruns. ;-)
So, yay! WIN on the following counts:
1. 6 cups of veggies
2. Plenty of nutrient-dense foods and no refined or processed foods
3. Followed through with the day I had visualized
4. Ate only until I was 80% full (level #3 of my "Hunger and Fullness Gauge")
5. Balanced out some richer (yet still nutrient-dense) foods with veggies, an overall light day, and plenty of exercise
So, how did your day go? Scoop it!