Wow, we're in the home stretch now, everyone! Only 4 more days to go!! Sorry I'm checking in so late, but it's been a very, very long day. So, without further delay...
Today's Food Journal:
* lemon water
* 2 "Magical Multigrain" pancakes with vegan yogurt and blueberries
Then, off to Durango for the day - busy, busy!
* "Baby burrito" from Zia (local eatery that uses lots organic, locally grown produce - a rare thing in these here parts); my burrito was filled with the following goodies: organic pinto beans, Mexican whole grain rice, guacamole, green chile, sauteed local veggies, pico de gallo, mango habanero sauce, lettuce, and cabbage. Yes, it was fricktastic.
* ginger kombucha
* a few munchies from the class I taught today - kale chips mostly
* mango coconut probiotic drink
* a few jalapeno chips
* a slice of raw pizza
* a slice of raw apple pie (no sweeteners - just fruit...very good! I think I need to make up a recipe for this!)
* 2 vegetarian spring rolls
* a few bites of Chinese takeout (I was so beat from the day in Durango that I picked up carry out for my daughter and her friend that's sleeping over tonight - it's broccoli, tofu, peapods, and rice)
* Still hungry! So I had some "Tings" and a stevia-sweetened soda . . . Oh, and a few gluten-free lemon wafer cookies.
So...not my best day by any stretch!! Sorely lacking in veggies and a few snacks that were far from ideal. However, it's important for me to be compassionate with myself, learn from my poor planning and stressed-out schedule today, and do better tomorrow. Before I go to bed tonight, I plan to visualize having an ideal, healthy day tomorrow. I also plan to meditate and relax, which always helps me stay in a positive state and make more enlightened choices.
But, it could have been worse! In the old days (my obese years), I would have said to myself right now: "Tess, you are bad! You were supposed to be perfect today, since you're on this shape-up plan. You blew it. Might as well go eat some vegan cheese sticks with ranch sauce, more cookies, and some sourdough bread with olive oil. Oh, and add some pasta in there too, because you can start over tomorrow and then you will behave perfectly."
But now I can stop before it gets to that point and turn things around. So, instead of reaching for the white bread, I grabbed some sun tea and got on my recumbent bike. And really, I never actually got very full tonight. I think maybe I didn't eat enough yesterday and I got unusually hungry today. So, it's a great lesson for me in compassion, self-care, and giving my body what it needs. I plan to do a little more reflecting on my day too, because the truth is... Every failure is one step closer to success. I know it sounds hokey, but I truly believe this. When we learn from everything, it really blurs the line. We can use every experience as a stepping stone to where we want to be.
So, enough about me...how did YOUR day 10 go? :-) xoxo