Brunch in a Glass! Blueberry Green Smoothie Perfection
1. Deliciousness (duh)
2. At least 2 servings of vegetables (that's 2 cups to me, so actually 4 servings according to some guidelines)
3. At least 2 servings of fruits
4. The ability to make my body say "YES! Thank you!" while (and after) drinking it
5. It would need to be filling and able to sustain me for several hours (not just fruit)
6. Ideally, it would have probiotics as well
7. Less than 5 minutes total to make (including prep and clean-up)
8. VERY high in superfoods and nutrients
So...I am happy to report that this mission has been accomplished on all points! I am sitting here, sipping on perfection as I write this. Want the recipe? Here it is...
Blueberry Green Smoothie Perfection:
2 cups organic baby spinach, washed well
3/4 cup plain soy yogurt (I'm a big fan of "Nancy's" brand - very fresh & nutritious)
1 cup pomegranate juice (or blueberry-pomegranate juice, which I used today)
1 cup frozen blueberries
Blend very well and serve! And, by the way, kitty-cats, you can't even taste the spinach!
GF/SF/Green (according to the health guidelines in my books)
30 Minutes or Under!