My Happy Sandwich

Those of you who have my last book, The Two-Week Wellness Solution, may be familiar with "Tess's Happy Salad." It's a savory blend of artichoke hearts, tangy garlic dressing, greens, and more. I love, love, love it because it not only fulfills most of my daily veggie requirement, but it's also delicious, lowfat, and easy to make.

So, today after my workout, I wanted something fresh, satisfying, quick, and with at least two servings of vegetables. (I'm on day four of my two-week detox plan from The Two-Week Wellness Solution and want to stay up on my veggie intake) So, the idea popped in my mind to just measure out two cups of fresh veggies, wrap them in a sprouted whole grain tortilla, and add a fun sauce of some kind.

So, first I measured out two cups of veggies . . . I included a grated carrot, sliced onions, sliced pickled beets, and baby greens.
Next, I warmed up a sprouted grain tortilla (my favorite is Alvarado Street, because they combine sprouted grains and whole wheat flour - thus, you get the benefits of sprouts while still enjoying a soft, foldable tortilla - plus they don't use any refined flour, unlike other "whole wheat" tortillas).

I made some vegan ranch dressing with one of my favorite condiments, Vegenaise reduced fat mayo. I like it because it's made with flax and olive oils, as opposed to inferior grapeseed and canola, used in their other varieties. Plus, it's obviously lower in fat, but still tastes great! Here's a very professional photo of all the veggies on my tortilla.
Finally, I rolled it all up and had me some yum. And again, this is a very professional level photograph. Please don't be jealous of my skills.


Final tip: Not a fan of ranch dressing? Here are some other ways to dress up your sammy: plain vegan mayo, dijon mustard, miso dressing, your favorite salad dressing, bbq sauce, and/or avocado/guacamole.

So, I ask you, my friends: What is *your* favorite Happy Sandwich?

4 comments:

  1. oh my oh my oh my, how delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greek pitas, from your website. ;) Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! W/o an eye on health? Apple, Onion & Melted Daiya w/ grainy mustard. Otherwise a veggie sammie w/ hummus & pesto as the glue, drizzled w/ balsamic and sprinkled w/ sea salt & cracked black pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been digging one slice toasted tasty bread from one of our organic bakeries, topped w/garlic hummus and about 2 handfuls of spring greens

    ReplyDelete