Dark Chocolate Mint Cookies

So, as promised on my facebook page, I'm sharing my new recipe for these SUPER EXCITING cookies!! This week, I'm on a raw cookie roll (not literally, but that would be fun too) and am planning several more varieties - maca crunch (kind of like a butterscotch chocolate chip cookie, but raw & healthy), cranberry almond, cinnamon raisin, and lemon poppyseed. Of course, all the keepers will be shared with you on my blog!

By the way, this recipe for Dark Chocolate Mint Cookies is from my newest book (Radiance 4 Life: The 4 Cornerstones of Ultimate Vitality) - now available!

Dark Chocolate Mint Cookies

Are you ready for something ridiculously exciting? Then make up a batch of these totally delish, vitalizing, nourishing, raw cookies that only take 5 minutes to make!

▪ ½ cup each: raw almonds and raisins
▪ ¼ cup raw cashews
▪ 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
▪ 1 tablespoon raw agave nectar
▪ 2 teaspoons vanilla
▪ 1 teaspoon mint extract
▪ ⅛ teaspoon sea salt

Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor until the mixture is in fine crumbs and is very sticky. Remove 1-tablespoon bits of the mixture and form into cookies. OR...if you want the cuteness that's in the picture, you can also form these into balls and roll them in crushed cacao nibs. These will store, refrigerated in an airtight container, for several weeks.

Makes 12 cookies/GF/SF/R/Blue (according to the health guidelines in my books)
30 Minutes or Under!

♥ Superstars: almonds, cashews, cacao

9 comments:

  1. Nom nom nom!! They sound perfect. I wonder how they'd be w/o the raisins? (I know, don't you hate when people totally change a recipe & then wonder why it doesn't work?) ;) Since I'm not allowed dried fruit, I'd have to find a sub. Maybe almond butter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ricki, the raisins add sweetness & help to bind the cookies together. If you can't do any dried fruit, you could just add more raw agave nectar until the desired stickiness & sweetness is attained. Good luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, like these are going to last several weeks in the fridge... Try 2 days, tops! :) (Not because they go rotten, of course, but because they go in my belly.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks heavenly, Tess! Can't wait to try them out. The cacao-cacao ones were devoured this weekend on my bicycle trip. None left after 2 days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sound so yummy Tess....Looking forward to your visit in June. Love, Aunt Rita

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look really good! Will try them this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have given so beautiful picture of Dark Chocolate Mint Cookies. And the way you have given all the recipe for that would become very easy for the person who want to prepare that. I am finally going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are seriously yummy, Tess! I mixed in 1 tbsp of cacao nibs because I knew if they were only a coating they wouldn't transport so well n my bike ride.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet and tasty. I like it..

    ReplyDelete