8 Minute Vegan Enchiladas!

I recently posted my recipe for 5 Minute Vegan Buffalo Bites and it got such great feedback (and multiple requests for more uber-quick, healthy recipes) that I've decided to work more super quick recipes into my blog. I want to do everything in my power, in fact, to keep all my friends and readers away from junky fast food!

The best way to do this in my opinion? Provide you with lots of recipes that are so quick and delicious that eating at home is doable every night of the week. And for those of you with my books, look for the "30 Minutes or Under" tag on the recipes if you want even more fast and healthy choices!

So, without further delay...

8 Minute Vegan Enchiladas!

These are my lastest "thing." I can't not eat them for lunch every day. And I can't get around the fact that a kombucha somehow ends up happening simultaneously as well. Some things you just have to surrender to.

* 2 corn tortillas (preferably made from sprouted corn)
* 1/2 cup beans of your choice (vegetarian refried beans, black beans, or pinto beans - I use "Perfect Pintos" from Radiant Health, Inner Wealth as I always have them on hand)
* 1/3 cup enchilada sauce (I use "Simply Organic" dry mix and combine it with organic tomato sauce & water)
* 2 tablespoons shredded vegan cheese (I use Daiya cheddar)

Topping:
* 3 tablespoons each: minced onion and chopped fresh cilantro

1. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat and place the corntillas (corn tortillas) inside. Cover and let the tortillas warm up slightly for about 1-2 minutes. Letting them warm up will keep them from breaking apart when you roll them.
2. Place the beans along the center of each corntilla. Roll up like a burrito and place seam-side down in the pan. Cover and cook for 3 minutes over medium-high heat.
3. While they're cooking, prepare the topping items and heat up the enchilada sauce until very hot.
4. Flip the enchiladas over and cook for another 3 minutes, covered.
5. Remove the enchiladas to a plate, top with hot enchilada sauce, and sprinkle with cheese. Add the onion and cilantro and serve! Enjoy the YUM.

Serves 1
GF/SF/Green (according to the guidelines in my books)
30 Minutes or Under!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds really good! I'm adding it to my menu for next week. :D Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. olympian labs pea protein - This is truly fantastic, supportive and informative blog. I like it. Thanks for sharing information.

    ReplyDelete