Rainbow Partay!

Greetings, friends! I hope your week has gone well so far. For today's blog post, I thought it might be fun to share some photos and insider trading secrets on what constitutes a "rainbow party" in my house.

First of all, an important question: "What exactly *is* a rainbow party (aka partay)?" Well, in short, it's when my daughter (now 8 yrs old) and I fill up our food dehydrator (I went for the Excalibur big daddy - it's a tax write off!) with a rainbow assortment of goodies.

What goodies, exactly, say you? Well, here's Alethea making up the green portion of the rainbow with these delish Zucchini Chips to Dry For from my book Radiant Health, Inner Wealth. By the way, kids looooove these! What a great way to get them to eat raw veggies - plus they are perfect for school lunches and backpacking trips!



Next, we made some fantabulous fruit "rollers" by simply blending up berries, bananas, and a little fruit juice. After that, we spread it out on a paraflexx sheet in an even layer. Once dried, the giant fruit square can be cut into a dozen or so strips and rolled up for snacks. WAY cheaper and better than fruit leathers you buy in the store! And organic!

We also made up a few different varieties of kale chips. Both my daughter and I are crazy addicted to kale chips, and they're SO fresh and flavorful when dried instead of baked. I could eat a whole garden's worth of kale chips if Mr. McGregor wasn't so freaking stingy.

Here's a view of what's in the dehydrator...so far, we have red and green! Next is orange (mango), yellow (sliced banana with a sprinkle of cinnamon - SO good!), and blue/purple (blueberry fruit rollers). Can you feel the rainbow unicorn love? I assure you it's there.



Once everything is completely dried (overnight at 105 F is what we do), I like to put all the goodies in glass jars. Here's a glimpse into that cuteness:

Thanks so much for joining the partay! Have a wonderful weekend, friends! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Just for future reference;I believe the antidote for overindulging in Farmer McGregor's bounty is chamomile tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Anna! I will have to stock up on that! :-)

    ReplyDelete