Chili-Lime Noodles

This unbelievably delish and easy recipe is from my book Radiant Health, Inner Wealth. And yes, they're WAY addictive. And yes, you've been warned.

Chili-Lime Noodles

These noodles are tangy, spicy, yummy, and addictive! Perfect for whenever your taste buds need a treat, this dish will also give your immune system a boost. Most of the ingredients in this dish remain uncooked to retain their maximum nutritional impact. So, you can dig on in and feel totally good about it! You are so worth it.

½ lb. rice noodles or linguine

Saucy Sauce:
3 tablespoons oil (light untoasted sesame, non-virgin olive, or sunflower)
1 tablespoon each: grated fresh ginger and Sriracha Thai chili sauce
¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon ketchup
5 large cloves garlic, minced or pressed
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon tamari, shoyu, or soy sauce
½ teaspoon sea salt (or less if you prefer)
1½ teaspoons organic sugar or sucanat

Veggies:
1 medium carrot, peeled and julienne sliced
4 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced (green and white parts)
¼ cup (lightly packed) chopped fresh cilantro

Garnish:
¼ cup (4 tablespoons) dry-roasted unsalted peanuts, crushed

1. Cook the noodles until al dente according to the package’s instructions. Drain in a strainer or colander.

2. While the noodles are cooking, place all of the sauce ingredients in a large bowl. Stir very well to combine.

3. Prepare the veggies and add them to the sauce bowl. Toss them thoroughly with the sauce.

4. Pour the drained, hot noodles into the bowl and toss well with the sauce and veggies until well combined. Garnish with the peanuts and serve. This dish is good hot, cold, or at room temperature. It is good in a chair, it is good everywhere. It is good for a bribe, it will give you a good vibe. However, it isn’t so good re-heated. If there are any leftovers, they are best served cold or at room temperature.

Serves 4; 30 minutes or under! GF (with rice noodles)/Blue (according to the health guidelines in my books)

5 comments:

  1. Love your use of lime in so many varied ways. Also curious about your take on Braggs Liquid Amino/Tamari/and Soy sauce. Any preference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do love lime!!
    Personally, I'm not a fan of Braggs. It has a very specific, smoky flavor that doesn't always work for me. And soy sauce is a bit flat.

    I generally use organic tamari or shoyu, and love both. But if I was in the mood to really spend big, I'd go for nama shoyu. It's the raw version and is SO good!! But quite pricey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna, I've used the Braggs for a long time and like it. I think it's a matter of personal taste. I switch around to Tamari and Shoyo too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this for dinner tonight, with a few changes. I had 1/2 cup of coconut milk that I needed to use up, so I added it to the sauce. I also added a tsp. of curry powder. It was delicious, but next time I'll only put in 3 cloves if garlic. I also added the carrots and garlic to the pasta for the last minute of cooking.
    It was delicious. Next time, I think I'll add some thinly sliced broccoli spears, or some broccolini, for taste and color.

    ReplyDelete