Ful Mudhamas


I first tried this dish at a wonderful Mid-Eastern restaurant. Although they used fava beans for authenticity, I’ve found that pinto beans can ful almost anyone. This recipe is from my first book, Radiant Health, Inner Wealth.

3 cups (or two 15 oz. cans) cooked and drained fava or pinto beans (unsalted)
4 teaspoons extra-virgin (or regular) olive oil
3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons (packed) minced fresh cilantro or parsley
¾ teaspoon sea salt (or less if you prefer)
2 small-medium cloves garlic, minced or pressed

Toss everything together and mix well. Serve at room temperature or cold. This will store refrigerated in an airtight container for several days.

Serves 4; 30 minutes or under! GF/SF/Green

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, I have some dry pinto beans that I was thinking of tossing into the rice cooker today. Now I know what I'll do with them!

    ReplyDelete