Wednesday's Super Immune Boosting Menu

Hey, friends!

So, I woke up today feeling a bit better than yesterday. However, I did resist the temptation to go to the gym. I force-rested myself today. Mostly. OK, so I did some minor strength training at home (got a new ab-roller thingy), but it felt fairly mellow. Aside from that, I've been resting for the most part.

So, what did today's immune-boosting menu consist of?

* I woke up hungry, so I made one of my favorite smoothie concoctions that has just three simple ingredients: Vegan yogurt (I have a strong preference for Nancy's plain soy yogurt - so fresh!), blueberries, and hemp protein powder. Seriously, that hit the spot. Dead center.

* Lunch? I went to bed last night with an odd craving for beans and rice. A few years ago, I held a potluck and one of the guests made this incredible bean and rice dish. It was the best I'd ever had. So, that's what I was aiming for. It did hit the spot and I had seconds. Basically, I mixed together kidney beans, short grain brown rice, lots of GARLIC, hot sauce, liquid smoke, nutritional yeast, Chicky Baby (a seasoning recipe from my books), olive oil, and a dash of sea salt. YUM.

* Mid-afternoon, I made up a ginormous salad with my new favorite dressing (1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil, 1 teaspoon ume plum vinegar, and 2 teaspoons brown rice vinegar). I loaded it up with organic baby greens and onions. Then, I had some kale chips and a whole pizza. Wait, not that kind of pizza! This one felt great in my system. I spread a sprouted grain tortilla with organic tomato sauce, sprinkled it with vegan daiya cheese, and topped it with lots of shiitake mushrooms and onions. I also had a large lemon-lime-ade (one lemon, one lime, and a squirt of stevia - all mixed up with two cups of water).

* I've also had a few shots of my tornado tonic (garlic, ginger, cayenne, apple cider vinegar, etc....it's a recipe from my newest book & really kicks germs in the booty). As far as the rest of the day goes, I plan to drink lots of water and maybe have some raw veggies. But that'll be about it for the day. With all my inactivity today, I don't feel the need to eat much else til tomorrow.

So, overall, I'm feeling pretty good, but I still plan to keep up the immune-boosting eats all week. I CAN'T GET SICK! Wait, I mean: "I must stay healthy!" Feel free to check back tomorrow to see howz I feeling and whatz I ate. And thanks so much for stopping by! As always, I love your suggestions and feedback. XO

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tess, sorry you're not feeling so great. I'm sure you probably won't get any full blown sickness with how incredibly healthful you eat. Well, probably not...fingers crossed.
    Oh, and I had to force rest my self today too. I've been kind of sick lately and I don't know what's going on with how I feel. I did just move, which was hard. But this feeling of fatigue and general malaise has been here for a while. I'm at the point where I'm wondering if I have mono...?
    Anyway, hope your immune routine keeps you feeling stellar (smile).

    ReplyDelete