So, it's day four of my "Super Immune Boosting Week," in which I've been working on staying healthy at all costs. So far, so good. Today, I even felt good enough to do a two-hour workout this morning at the gym...AND felt energized all day afterwards. Yeah, baby!
So, what was on the menu today?
* This morning, I had some "Green Radiance" green drink and an Olade pomegranate beverage while working out.
* After my workout, it was 10:30. I called it "lunch." Who was there to stop me? No one. So, I made up a giant stir-fry mix that included some of my all-time favorite immune boosters. It contained tempeh, a huge bunch of lacinato kale, a locally grown yellow summer squash, and garlic. I took some of the stir-fry and wrapped it in a sprouted grain tortilla, along with some pickles, organic ketchup and mustard, and sliced onions. It sounds odd, I know, but it was quite the delish.
* Later, I made up a batch of poporn, using some coconut oil (which is great for boosting the metabolism as well as immune function). I sprinkled it with nutritional yeast, fresh garlic (lots!), hot sauce (I like "Melinda's XXXX"), and some dulse (a dried sea vegetable, which offers loads of minerals). I drank a large lemon-limeade (stevia-sweetened) along with it, and have actually consumed one lime and four lemons so far today by making this drink. Way to get in the magic of lemons, me!
* For an after school snack for my daughter and I, we had some pan-fried organic polenta and stir-fried sprouted tofu. Oh yum. Ohhhh yum.
* For dinner, I plan to have a gigantic salad (yes, I'm behind on veggies so far, but this will catch me up) and some soup. With extra garlic stirred in right before serving. I can only imagine how I smell to the non-garlic lovin people of the world right now.
So, this concludes today's very dramatic episode. Thanks so much for tuning in and please keep your wonderful ideas and suggestions coming. I appreciate it! X