I Can't Get Sick!

Oops...what I meant to say was "I just want to stay healthy!" Yeah, I'm trying to state everything in the positive. I'm kooky like that.

Anyway, onwards to my actual point...It all started with a potluck about a week ago. We were throwing a surprise party for one of my best friends, Christina. And every single bloomin soul at that party had just gotten over the flu. The other half (that weren't able to make it) were home sick. Not homesick. But, yes, at home and sick.

So, thus began my desire to avoid catching that insidious bug. Knock on wood, I've mostly avoided it thus far. But today I'm feeling not quite up to the stuff. My throat has that dreaded scratchy feeling and all I really want to do is lie in bed and watch Will and Grace reruns. Plus, I leave in one week for some extended travels. And heck if I'm gonna be sick on my travels. No thanx. So, what's a girl to do?

Here's my plan:

SUPER IMMUNE BOOSTING WEEK OF POWAH!

* Every day, I shall incorporate as many of the following foods into my diet as possible: Shiitake mushrooms, kale, fresh garlic, chilies, and miso. Those are my "Fab Five" Immune Boosting Superstars. Other great health boosters include vegan yogurt (I like Nancy's brand), berries, lemons, greens of any kind (well, not the GMO kind), fresh ginger, amaranth, and just about any other organic whole foods you are inspired to eat.

* I'm taking doses of two tinctures: One is called "D Fense" and it's made by my good friend Jennie. It's her herbal immune boosting elixir. If you want some, let me know and I'll hook you up with my herbal goddess girl. The other is a tornado tonic from my newest book. It's spicy good medicine, made with apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger, and more.

* I plan to avoid the things that take a good woman down...for me, that's white flour, sugar, and processed or refined foods. I already avoid animal products and hydrogenated oils at all times, but I plan to kick my discriminating nature up to eleven for the following week.

* Also, I'm going to do my darndest to journal (on this blog) what I'm eating this week. I'm asked constantly what to eat on an immune-boosting diet, so I'm hoping this will help those who want more infomashon.

So, what did I eat today? Here's the scoop...

* This morning I overslept and needed to be at the gym. So, I quickly downed a serving of my "Green Radiance" powder, mixed with water. That actually did it for me until after my workout. However, I did consume water and an "Olade" (organic, stevia-sweetened version of Gatorade) during my routine.

* Post workout, I was ravenous! I had stayed at the gym for almost three hours (!) and was primed for calories. So, I had a giant salad (recipe on my facebook page); organic rice cake spread with hummus, olives, and onions; and stevia lime-lemonade (made with one lemon and one lime). I was still hungry so I made some tortilla chips the healthy way. I sprayed some sprouted corn tortillas with olive oil and baked them. I then proceeded to dip them in my "Perfect Pinto Beans" as well as some super spicy fresh salsa.

* A few hours later, I pan-fried a large zucchini in a teaspoon of coconut oil. I ate that alongside a sprouted grain English muffin. I also had half of a homemade kombucha.

*For a snack, I had a little leftover kale, shiitake, sprouted tofu, and garlic stir-fry. And another one of those rice cake-hummus deals.

* For dinner, I plan to eat some "Lickety Split Pea Soup" with extra garlic in it. And a carrot, for the love of all that is good and holy!

So, that's today. If your into it, tune in tomorrow to see what else I've cooked (or not cooked) up in order to be as healthy and non-sicko as possible. And here's wishing you abundant health and wellness!

4 comments:

  1. i’ve been drinking bird nest soup every night (i only get the homemade kind back at home). the only reason why i drink it is because it’s supposed to be good for complexion.

    i’ve been taking the store-bought kind online (e.g. http://www.geocities.jp/hongkong_bird_nest/index_e.htm of famous branded only of course) which is directly mailed from Hong Kong. this would be at a more affordable price.

    ReplyDelete