Low-Fat Basil Garlic Linguine

Happy Wednesday, friends!

Here's one of the reasons my two-week weight loss plan/detox works so well...you gets to eats stuff like this! This all-time favorite recipe is from my newest book, The Two-Week Wellness Solution: The Fast Track to Permanent Weight Loss and Vitality. It's quick, simple, light, and DELISH.

Hope you enjoy!

p.s. I'll be back to blogging about my two-week program soon!

Photo by Michelle McCluggage





Low-Fat Basil Garlic Linguine

Don’t let the title fool you—this dish is more than a calorie saver. It’s extremely delicious, flavorful, and satisfying as well! Plus, the uncooked sauce makes it very fresh and a snap to prepare. Enjoy the love.



• 8 oz. whole grain linguine (or whole grain gluten-free pasta if you are gluten intolerant)

Sublime Sauce:

• 1 tablespoon each: olive oil and balsamic vinegar
• 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes, lightly drained
• 4-5 medium cloves garlic, pressed or minced
• 2 teaspoons dried oregano
• ¼ cup (packed) fresh basil, cut into thin ribbons
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• Freshly ground pepper to taste (I use about ½ teaspoon)


1. Begin cooking the linguine according to the directions on the package.

2. While the noodles are cooking, you can place the ingredients for the sauce in a large bowl. You can. . . and you will.

3. When the linguine is al dente, drain and toss with the sauce. Serve immediately. All right!

Serves 4/GF (with substitution)/SF/Blue/30 minutes or under!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! That looks so good. I just bought a little basil plant so now I know what to use it for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!!! I made this for lunch today. I made a couple changes, as we like pasta sauce warm. I haven't been able to convert my husband to a raw sauce yet. ;) I sautéed the garlic and heated everything up and then tossed in the basil right before serving it. Even my hubby, the expensive jarred sauce fanatic, approved!

    ReplyDelete