Friday's Fun Foods

Hey friends! Well, I gotsta start with a confession. Although I started the 2-week wellness solution a few days ago, yesterday was my birthday. Which meant that, yes, I fell of the wagon with some chocolate chip cookies ("Mary's Gone Crackers" brand - quite good!) and vegan nachos. Not exactly on the plan! But, today I am back and bolder than ever. So, I'm counting this as the "new" day one!

Also, I have some exciting news for those of you who are interested in the two-week plan. My lovely intern Jessica is going to put together a blog just for that! So, I'll keep you posted and let you know once it's all finished. What would I do without her??

So, here's today's munchies:
Breakfast:
Lemon water (I use a whole lemon) and a mango.
Mid-morning:
6 Mary's Gone Crackers onion crackers
Lunch:
Tomato-Basil Toss (just grape tomatoes, fresh basil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and a pinch of sea salt)
Leftover raw kale (2 cups worth)
Bean burrito (a sprouted grain tortilla filled with kidney beans, tomatoes, jalapenos, salsa, and a little vegan cheddar cheese)
Mid-afternoon meal (3 p.m.):

This. Please ignore the sorry photograph and instead tune into the deliciousness.
These are "Fresh Thai Spring Rolls" with peanut sauce. I stuffed them with red cabbage, carrots, mint, basil, cilantro, lettuce, and scallions.

Also at 3 p.m., I had some "Perfect Tabouli." The recipe is here on my blog.          

For dinner, it's "Cucumber-Dill Toss" and some "Lickety Split Pea Soup." I might have a little kim chee too.
Day one down, and I'll see you cuties here tomorrow! Peas out.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Tess! I want some spring rolls...
    p.s. I need to e-mail you.

    ReplyDelete