Day Three

Greetings, friends! I hope your weekend has been lots of fun so far. As you may know, I am doing the two-week plan from my newest book, The Two-Week Wellness Solution. Today is day three and I'm feeling so much better already! Here is what I've noticed so far after just these few days on the plan:

     * I wake up without puffy eyes. Honestly, I look much better when I wake up in the morning - better skin tone, un-puffy eyes, and brighter eyes as well.
     * More muscle tone. By nature, I am a "mesomorph" (sp?) which means that I have a fairly muscular build. So, it's relatively easy for me to put on muscle. But I really do notice it more when my eating is ideal too. This morning, I was pleasantly surprised to see how much more muscle definition my legs have than just a few days ago. Shallow win for me!
     * Less need for excess sleep. I seem to be functioning much better on less sleep.
     * Less body fat, a clearer head, and more enjoyment of what I'm eating.

OK, that's enough stats for now! I'll report more in a few days. So, on with the food! Here's what I ate today...

Breakfast:
"Gimme the usual, bartender!" That would be lemon water in my case. Kind of boring after a while, but I wouldn't trade it for the world! Such a great start to the day.
Next, I had some cantelope. In a bowl. With a fork.

Lunch:
This:



What is this exactly? 'Tis (clockwise from left):
* A tossed salad (lettuce, purple cabbage, and sliced onions) with lowfat vinaigrette
* Kim chee (store-bought but good!)
* Tempeh sandwich ("Lemon Tempeh Burger" on sprouted, toasted whole grain bread).

After this, I also had a cup of fresh blueberries. I now have a ginormous box of them. I cannot be expected to resist a sale on fruit.








For my mid-afternoon meal, I had another one of those yummy "Illegal Pizzas" on a sprouted grain tortilla along with a huge bowl of roasted vegetables, which fulfilled my veggie requirement for the day. Woot!
Here's some TMI for the veggies:




First, I measured out four cups of veggies. Asparagus and zucchini, to be exact.















Then, I spread them out on a cookie sheet along with a large handfull of sliced onions, a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil, some seasoned salt, ground pepper, a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, and some garlic.

After baking them at 400 F until nicely browned, they turned out delicious. Here they are, all cozy in a bowl.


















So, onward with the daily food log...

For dinner, I'm having some tomato soup. I'm not very hungry, so I think just that will do it. Overall today, I had two servings (cups) of fresh fruit and about 7 servings (cups) of veggies. Feeling fine and ready for day four. Thanks again for checking in! xo

1 comment: