Contest Winner...and New Contest!!


Well, thanks so much for all your participation in the contests, friends! And I have a winner....
(drumroll, anyone?)....It's...Jennifer!! Congratulations, Jennifer! Now you just need to give me your address & you'll be the proud new owner of 9 cookbooks!!

Woot!!





Anyway...this was SO much fun that I've decided to further clean out my cookbook shelf.
Now, I'm giving away my copies of the following books:

1. Easy Indian Cooking (not vegetarian, but it's easy to make substitutions)
2. Candle Cafe Cookbook (vegan - by the owners of the lovely Candle Cafe in NYC)
3. Vegan Vittles (best fake cheese recipe ever ("Crock Cheese")! That page is getting photocopied before I send it off...)
4. The McDougall Health-Supporting Cookbook (vegan and fat-free)
5. World Vegetarian (HUGE book, not vegan but easy to make substitutions & tons of vegan options)
6. Jordinian Cooking (not vegetarian, but lots of great Jordinian vegan/vegetarian recipes)
7. The American Vegetarian Cookbook (vegan, authored by the lovely Marilyn Diamond - she's such a sweetie & that is truly a timeless book!)

...and yet again, I cannot bring myself to give away all these books without including a signed copy of mine - the 2nd edition of Radiant Health, Inner Wealth. Can't help it. Gotta.

So, here's how to play:
1. Follow this blog (scroll down the left side where it says "followers" and click follow. Go through the 30 second rigamarole that is involved with completing that transaction.
2. "Like" my facebook fan page by clicking here.
3. Reply to this post, answering this question: "What is your favorite cookbook recipe of all time?"

Wee fun! Last day to enter is May 19th and winner will be announced on May 20th.

24 comments:

  1. My Favorite cookbook of all time has got to be anything from Jamie oliver. I can't pick just one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. East Indian Lima Beans from The Ayurvedic Cookbook (served up with some Indian Rice from the same book -- must include the peas in the rice recipe!)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably Easy Udon (or Soba) from Japanese Cooking: Contemporary & Traditional [Simple, Delicious, and Vegan].

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Jennifer :)!

    I has to be Red Lentil Dal from HappyHerbivore's cookbook served over couscous, bed of millet or roast veg! YUM!

    It helped win over my little sister and she has since gone vegan...just mum and dad to go! Awesome meals over summer should do the trick :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Jennifer! So lucky...cookbooks are to me what The Precious was to Gollum...

    My favorite cookbook recipe is probably a soup made with garlic, chick pea & spinach scented with tahini-it is so good! A Malaysian recipe I believe.
    I'm already a follower on this blog, and I don't have a facebook account (I know that's weird-I just don't-smile)
    Thanks Tess, Stella

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite cookbook recipe is also Red Lentil Dahl! I love the mixture of spices used to create the dish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like I said for the last contest, I don't have many cookbooks, but I'm a huge fan of RHIW - Late Night Bean-Asparagus Curry - so amazing!
    My second favorite would have to be Mustard & Maple Glazed Potatoes and String Beans from VWAV or Eggplant Parmagiano (sp?) from the Uncheese Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Veganomicon is my go-to book. It has a ton of reliable recipes. I'd really adore a signed copy of your cookbook!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blog followed! And I'm already your fan on Facebook.

    Favorite cookbook isn't too hard but favorite recipe?? Oh my goodness, I wouldn't even know where to start. One of my favorites is from Veganomicon - the cashew-based tzatziki - wow, it's good. It tastes just as good as the cucumber-yogurt dip I remember when I used to eat dairy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alright, following the blog and facebook, now the hard part! Fav recipe from a cookbook . . . I love making the quick applesauce from The Martha Stewart Cookbook. It's quick, easy and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my...now this is a tough one...there are so many recipes that I love...I would probably have to say your basic roasted butternut squash from Vegan Brunch. I love that whenever I make it and it is always amazing. I also love to tofu ricotta from HIAV!'s Classic Spinach Lasagna. Super yum.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite recipe is Tiramisu Cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.

    ReplyDelete
  13. so so difficult to chose a recipe! Probably a leek, carrot and potato soup recipe that is from and old vegetarian cookbook that I can no longer remember the name of!

    ReplyDelete
  14. One of my favourite recipes (they change all the time) is Parsnip and rosemary pasta from one of Jamie Oliver's books. Never had parsnips tasted so good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the scone recipe from Vegan with a Vengeance - so customizable, and sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorite cookbook recipe of all time is the lentil and rice soup from jo Stepaniaks Food Allergy Survival guide. So simple and delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a tough one. I don't know if I have a favorite cookbook recipe. The one I use most often lately is the Chicky Baby from yours, but that is used as an ingreadient in other recipes. Caitlin loves your lo mein and fried rice but with slightly different vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The bagel recipe from Vegan Brunch is my current fave. I don't know what I'd do without it. they come out so delicious every time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't know if it is my fave of all time, but I really like Vegan Planet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My favorite recipe is for Indian Pudding. Loved it as a child since i'm from New England!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Chocolate Decadence Cake from RHIW, Tess Challis, hands down the best recipe b/c it is WONDERFUL, DELIGHTFUL, ALMOST SINFUL TO LIKE IT SO MUCH BUT I have had 2 female family members that have said if this is vegan I am in....and they are!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. My favorite cookbook recipe is a spanish rice recipe that I've made over and over. I need to tweak it now that I am eating healthier, but that can be done!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Squash cassarole from the Sourthern Living Cookbook. Comfort food....ahhhhhhh.

    ReplyDelete