Zucchini Chips to Dry For!



These "chips" are one of my favorite healthy snacks - they're yummy, addictive, and extremely nourishing! They're also considered a raw (or "living") food as they're not cooked. Instead, they're dried in a food dehydrator to preserve their maximum nutritional benefit.

This recipe is from the "Raw Dimension" chapter of my 2nd edition book Radiant Health, Inner Wealth. Hope you enjoy!!


Although this is the only recipe in this book to require a food dehydrator, I had to include it. These chips are easy to make, healthy, and completely delicious! For once, decadent snacking means guilt-free eats!

3 cups sliced zucchini (2 medium zucchinis), sliced very thinly
2 teaspoons olive oil
½ teaspoon each: garlic granules and seasoned salt
¼ teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper

1. Place the zucchini slices in a medium bowl and toss very well with all of the remaining ingredients.
2. Spread out in a single layer in your food dehydrator (I use a ParaFlexx sheet as it makes for much easier clean-up) and dry at 105° F. for about 10 hours, or until you can no longer stand the delicious smell.
3. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. These don’t last long in our house!

Serves 2; GF/SF/Green (according to the guidelines in Radiant Health, Inner Wealth)

Tip: An Excalibur food dehydrator is an excellent investment. Drying at 105° F. still makes for “living” foods, and is a great way to provide on-the-go snacks that are totally healthy.

5 comments:

  1. Nice, here is one I use.

    ■Slice unpeeled zucchini into slices about 1/4 inch thick

    ■Blend tomatoes and garlic in a food processor, or use a knife to finely chop and mince

    ■Place the tomatoes and garlic in a bowl

    ■Add salt and or pepper according to taste

    ■Add a small amount of olive oil to the mixture

    ■Coat both sides of the zucchini slices with the tomato and garlic mixture

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect! wow! Zucchini Chips I had never seen something like this the best part is that it is really healthy, I'd prepare it tomorrow in order to surprise my family and eating something different.m10m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tess,
    Do these come out crispy like potato chips? I dried mine without the oil for 15 hours at 135 degrees and they still were dry but kind of chewy. I wonder if it's because I didn't use the oil?

    Thanks- Manda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awkwardcupcake: You got it! I've done these w/o oil before & they're chewy that way. With a little oil, they're nice and crisp. So, to do them lower fat, I would say just experiment and see what works best.

    However, I do try to keep things as lowfat as possible - I use oils only as "needed" so I think this may be the minimum amount you can use and have them turn out crispy. Good luck & let us know how they turn out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adding various liquid sauces on the zucchini slices before dehydration is another way to make spicy snack chips from zucchini.

    ReplyDelete