A Thanksgiving Menu & Broccoli-Garlic Goodness!


Dear Friends,
I hope you are all looking forward to an enjoyable Thanksgiving tomorrow! Today, I'll be preparing a few items, and last night I finished all of my shopping. So, what's on the menu this year for my annual vegan Thanksgiving feast?


I'll be making:
For snacking, a vegan "cheese" ball encrusted with chopped walnuts, served with crackers and veggies.
Vegan "buttermilk" biscuits (a recipe from Vegan Vittles)
Roasted Broccoli with Garlic (recipe below)
Cranberry sauce
Garlic Mashers with Scrumptious Shiitake Gravy, Asian Asparagus Wraps, Fresh Pumpkin Pie, and Apple Puffs with Vanilla Bean Caramel Sauce (all recipes from my book Radiant Health, Inner Wealth)

Friends will be bringing: a beautiful salad (my friend Elaine has a magic touch with salads) and the tofurkies--a tofurky is a yummy vegetarian roast available in the freezer section of health food stores. I'll be marinating it in an orange-tamari glaze and garnishing it with roasted potatoes, carrots, roasted garlic, and roasted onions.

So, here's my simple veggie side dish that's always a crowd pleaser...and for another veggie side dish that's out of this world, sign up for my free e-mail newsletter--this month features my recipe for "Oven Roasted Cauliflower with Rosemary and Garlic" from Radiant Health, Inner Wealth.

Roasted Broccoli with Garlic

This uber-delish side is always a hit! I apologize for the loose measurements on this one--I usually just throw it all together intuitively. But, I promise that by the time my next cookbook rolls around I'll have it down to a science! Hope you enjoy.

Fresh garlic cloves, amount to your liking (and loving)
Broccoli florets, washed and cut into bite-sized pieces
Olive oil
Seasoned salt
Garlic granules


1. Preheat your oven to 400F. Peel the garlic cloves and cut each clove into thin slices.
2. In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with the oil, salt, garlic granules, and sliced garlic. Spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes.
3. Remove from the oven and shake the pan or turn the pieces over with a spatula. If the broccoli isn't done yet, put it back in the oven. What you want is very, very tender broccoli with bits of dark brown on it--it should look a bit caramelized.
4. When the broccoli looks unbearably delish, remove it from the oven and serve to your lucky guests.

*Do-ahead tip: You can cut the broccoli into bite-sized pieces a few days in advance. Then, all you'll need to do is pop them in the fridge in an airtight container until they are summoned.

1 comment:

  1. Many of the necessary vitamins are found in garlic as a natural antibiotic and food should be consumed in more than gives great flavor

    ReplyDelete