November 2nd Journal


For those of you just tuning in, please refer to my last blog post so that this makes a little sense!

Today, I woke up feeling better than yesterday (yesterday I awoke with a scratchy throat and slight fever, hence the idea to get on the scene with this experiment!). This was a relief, because I just can't get sick right now and I'm determined to stay healthy the rest of the season, no matter what germies invade my space. So...

Today, I ate the following (95% of which was organic):

Breakfast: This morning, I started the day with some fresh veggie juice (kale, one whole organic lemon, 3 carrots, celery, and a nice hunk of ginger with the skin still on)
Mid-morning snack: Chili-Ginger Cabbage and a grape kombucha
Lunch: Miso-Soba Noodle-Kale-Shiitake Bowl with lots of fresh ginger and garlic (take that, buggies!)
Other mini-meal: Baked Chimichanga (sprouted wheat tortilla filled Perfect Pinto Beans, then baked and topped with fresh, extra spicy salsa and some nondairy sour cream)
Dinner: I like a light dinner, with lots of veggies. So, tonight I'm having a large salad with a light vinaigrette (with extra fresh garlic cloves for added nutritional oomph), some split pea soup, and some homemade pickled beets.

Other immune-boosts I added to my day included:
-I drank lots of purified water
-Plenty of meditation
-Exercise: I felt good enough to take a nice 2 mile walk today in the fresh air
-Fresh air: See above comment. Check.
-Supplements: I'm not a supplement/vitamin person--I believe in getting nutrients from real food. However, I did chew up a yummy papaya-mango vitamin C tablet today. Sometimes I just get crazy like that.

1 comment:

  1. Organic supplement is better than synthetic ones because of its components. It provides the natural nutrition the body requires and is chemical free. Synthetic vitamins maybe harmful and can cause damage to the body's system.
    -----
    The Right Place. The Right Time

    ReplyDelete