Green Chili-Garlic-Potato Soup (a.k.a. Health in a Bowl!!)


Yesterday I taught an "Immune Boosting Foods" cooking class. It was lots of fun, and everyone seemed inspired on great tasting foods that could also keep their bodies thriving. One of the favorites was this soup--a fairly new concoction that I've fallen in love with. It's super easy to make, and really IS health in a bowl!
Oh, and I have to brag a little about a comment someone made in the class, just because it was such a great thing to say. A very non-vegetarian man tasted this soup and said "I have a comment...." I waited, wondering and hoping... He then said: "Your Chicky Baby seasoning tastes more like chicken than chicken." This, my friends, made my day. Hope you enjoy this recipe...and as always, thanks so much for tuning in. Here's to your ultimate wellness!

Green Chili-Garlic-Potato Soup


This is just good medicine—and also delicious! Green chilis are extremely high in vitamin C, and the abundance of fresh garlic is the perfect natural antibiotic. Make sure not to overdo it though, as green chilis are great in moderation but can upset the tummy if eaten in excess.

First:
1 cup diced onion
1 tablespoon olive oil

Next:
4 cups each: water and chopped potatoes (skins on if organic)

Last:
1 cup roasted, peeled, and chopped green chilis (I’m a spicy baby and even I use milds)
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons: Chicky Baby seasoning (recipe in Radiant Health, Inner Wealth) or other powdered vegan chicken seasoning
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
4 large cloves garlic, minced or pressed

1. Saute the onions and oil in a large pot for about 5 minutes on medium-high heat.

2. Add the potatoes and water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until the potatoes are tender (about 20 minutes).

3. With a potato masher, smoosh the potatoes as much as you can (while still in the pot).

4. Add the green chilis and cook on low for about 3-5 minutes, until warmed through.

5. Add the remaining ingredients and combine well. Serve hot or warm.

Serves about 4; GF/SF/Green (according to the recipe coding system in Radiant Health, Inner Wealth)

I'd also like to add that The Kathleen Show has launched a program called "Prevention Not Prescriptions" aimed at keeping our bodies healthy and less reliant on prescription medicine. It's a wonderful program and more information can be found at: Prevention not Prescriptions at the Kathleen Show

6 comments:

  1. That looks so good! And good for you for being able to please a meat-eater with your seasoning. It always makes me smile when meat-eaters like the vegan food I make for them. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know--for some reason, it's one of my favorite compliments!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds absolutely divine! I am rediscovering the comfort and joy in a good bowl of soup. Have you ever had Leek Soup?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love potato w/ leeks. There's also a recipe in my book for "Potato-Leek Soup with Caramelized Shallots."
    Leeks are great roasted too, with a balsamic glaze. Yummmm....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked it.
    thank you for your great posting.
    Well that was a nice page.

    http://www.webroyalty.com

    ReplyDelete