Simple, Soothing Tomato Soup




As I plan to head out of town for the weekend, I'm noticing those lovely robust tomatoes on my counter that I bought at the local organic farm market recently. As this lovely fruit (often mistaken for a vegetable) gives us its last hurrah this season, I'd like to share with you this simple recipe for healthy, lowfat tomato soup. It's not as "zingy" as most of my normal recipes, but that's the way I like my tomato soup--just simple, soothing comfort food.

I won't be back, blogging it up again, until I return early next week, but if you check out some of the past entries on this blog, it should give you way more busy work than you really need. I hope you have a wonderful, rejuvenating weekend and I'll look forward to reconnecting soon. LOVE, Tess

Simple & Soothing Tomato Soup

¼ cup each: diced celery and diced onion (white or yellow)
2 teaspoons oil (coconut, olive, or sunflower)

15 oz. can tomato sauce (with salt)
14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes (no salt added)
3 medium cloves garlic, pressed or minced
¾ cup water
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
1 tablespoon each: nutritional yeast powder and organic sugar

1. Sauté the celery and onion in the oil in a medium soup pot for about 3-5 minutes over medium heat, or until the onion just begins to brown. Remove from heat.
2. Place the celery-onion mixture in a blender along with all of the remaining ingredients. Blend until as smooth as possible.
3. Place the blended mixture back in the soup pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for about 10-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and serve.

Serves about 4 peeps
Gluten-free/Soy-free/Green (as coded in Radiant Health, Inner Wealth)

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait for it to get colder. Nothing I love more than tomato soup and half a sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is delicious! I made a double batch b/c I love soup and it reheated really well.

    ReplyDelete